The most effective tool to prevent future service calls is proper setup and preventative maintenance.
Here are a few important DOs & DON'Ts:
- DO review the User Guide.
- DO confirm timing of machine on first pull out (See User Manual for instructions). This is a critical step at set up of an Ag-Rain machine.
- DO pull gun cart out straight away from machine.
- DO make a full pull occasionally to ensure correct timing of machine. (This can also correct machines that appear to be out of time from multiple partial pulls and loose tube.)
- DO perform maintenance on all gas engines per their owner's manuals.
- DO winterize your machine . . . simply empty all drain valves on metal parts. (Polyethylene Tube will not be damaged by freezing.)
- DON'T pull gun cart out faster than 3 mph, DON'T stop suddenly, and DON'T tow machine faster than 12 mph
- DON'T pull out gun cart without disengaging gearbox.
- DON'T wind in using engine or PTO without tube under pressure unless absolutely necessary.
<< Return to Troubleshooting Guide | << Return to Product Support | << Contact Kifco